Saturday, July 26, 2014

Horses in yard again

Remember when on Thursday July 17 I let the horses into the fruit tree and garden area?

http://tallpinesranch.blogspot.com/2014/07/fruit-tree-area-for-horses.html


That area is completely eaten down to almost nothing.  So on Saturday morning I let the horses back into the yard.  For two reasons.  First I didn't want them to walk though the NE pasture with the hay bales to get to the north pasture.  Second, the yard grass grew since the horses were last in there.  Usually I only let the horses in the yard once a year, but this year with Tammy leaving I never mowed the front yard to even it out, and the June wet weather got the grass growing again good.

I figure the horses will have the yard re-eaten in three or four days.  Then they can go out to the tall grass in the north pasture.

A difference from last time the horses were in the yard..  now when they take a break they often stand by the house door.



No comments: