Monday, July 21, 2014

Final fence rebuild for now

I have rebuilt quite a bit of fence this year and am tired of it. I also rebuilt part of the corral fence for which I haven't gotten to posting photos of.  On my to-do list.

After completing the fence rebuild by the road last week, the last fence rebuilds were fixes for rotting posts.  First up was the front yard fence.  July 15 I replaced three small rotted posts at one spot with one newer solid post.

Before

After

That didn't take too long so I went to fix the rotted corner post between the hayfield, south and middle pastures.  Being a corner post this called for a railroad tie.  And a secondary smaller railroad tie to make a solid start to the fence.  While the next gate on my list to be replaced is a short distance (50 ft or so) away, I am so tired of rebuilding fences that other than the corner posts which had to be done, I didn't rebuild this short section of fence as I knew it would take a few days.


New corner posts.

No comments: