Saturday, October 12, 2013

Front tree stump trim

I cut up more wood for firewood today.  When I was done with that, and to use up the gas in the chainsaw, I decided to cut the dead branches on the tree stump in the front yard.  Remember the large tree that snapped off June of 2012?  That tree.  The remaining branches on the stump finally died last month.

Here is how the tree looked last year after the storm:


And how the tree looked this past Summer.



Here is how the tree looks now after I trimmed the remaining branches (there were three more shorter branches.  I carried them off when I went to get the camera):


Notice the bark.  That suddenly appeared like this sometime this week.  I suspect a bird picked the loose bark off in search of bugs as the missing bark lay all around the base of the tree.


Now to come up with an idea of what to do with the stump.  Perhaps get a chainsaw artist to carve it into something.

No comments: