Friday, October 11, 2013

Five harrows

I found some harrows for sale on craiglist.  The harrows I have are all worn out.  They are mostly bent up frames as the spiked teeth have fallen out.


The seller had seven harrow sections for sale for $35 a section.  He said two people already called him wanting two harrows each.  I told him I could come right away to buy some harrow sections.   I got there first and was able to buy five sections.  The seller wanted to hold two sections for a guy coming in 15 minutes.  The seller also had other calls including a call from a guy who wanted to buy them all.

It was good I acted as fast as I did.  One doesn't see many of these old style harrow sections anymore.  Everything is bigger and of a different style.  But this style of harrow is good for dragging behind my pickup to flatten pocket gopher dirt mounds and break up cattle and horse manure.

These harrows should last me another 10 years - and maybe more now that I know they are not indestructible.




No comments: