Sunday, September 29, 2013

Slice of life on the ranch

This is from a few weeks ago...

My stock tank float quit working.  It wouldn't shut the water off completely as it would still leak.

The red plastic float fits into the metal container and the black rubber ring presses against the hole on the right side of the float.  Except the rubber ring would not completely stop the water.


I could not do anything to do to fix the float so I took it back to the CHS store and they gladly exchanged it for me.  The new float works correctly.


In the afternoon I pounded a steel bar in the ground to hold part of the hayshed wall in place.  The narrow walls on each side of the gate have started to lean out.  This is on the right side in the photo below.


I used the pickup to push them back straight up and down.  The left wall stayed in place.  The right wall would lean back out.  Therefore the bar was needed to hold the wall straight.



The 25 second video shows Daisy lying in the grass watching for mice, the tarped hay, and me pounding the bar into the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmzq9j-XqGk

No comments: