Friday, September 06, 2013

Bicycle lights

With darkness coming earlier this days I've been riding my bicycle in the dark by the time I get back home.  No biggie as my route has very little traffic.  Maybe four cars in 12 miles.  Still an old lady who also rides her bicycle in the evenings on part of my route, and who has front and rear bicycle lights - was after me to get lights for my bicycle.  Since days passed and I hadn't gotten around to looking for my lights, she "threatened" to get my lights for my bicycle.

When I got back from my trip to Washington State I found at my house new lights for my bicycle along with batteries.

Hmmmm...

Last night I saw her again and yes, she was the person who got me the bicycle lights.

"Why aren't you riding with them?"

"I've been too busy to put them on my bicycle."

Thursday night I installed the lights on my bicycle. The new led light technology is brighter and lighter than my old bicycle lights from the 1990s.




Each light has two modes: steady and flashing.

Here is a 27 second video of my lights in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi9fwPjAK5M

No comments: