Saturday, October 27, 2012

Shelves, screws and showers

One of the things I did today was put up shelves in Tammy's office so she could organize the stuff in her office.  She couldn't find the screws she used on her shelf brackets back in Minnesota so I found some of my own that would work.  Opps... that was unacceptable to Tammy.  My screws were old and used and looked like they may have rust.  Tammy is like my uncle Curt who wants new over old.

My old screw

So she looked around more and finally found her bag of new and shiny screws and we used them.

I emptied and removed one of my two bedroom dressers left in the office to give Tammy more room.  Once we empty the other dresser we can list them on craigslist.


I also worked on the shower.  I installed the shower head and the faucet handle.  My uncles had installed the shower handle piece upside down.  Therefore the shower handle would go up inside of down.   This was not 'right' and bothered Tammy so I drilled the bottom of the handle's nut to take the locking screw and then was able to install the handle facing down.   We still need to remind people that the shower goes from hot to cold and not cold to hot as shown on the handle cover.


Now that the tile has been installed and the threshold is in place, I remeasured the handle's location.   My earlier measurement had the handle off to one side - 14 inches on one side and 17 inches on the other side.  I haven't installed the shower door yet, but the handle now looks to be close to the center of the shower.

No comments: