Thursday, October 25, 2012

Barn full of hay

Monday, before the snow came, I finished filling the barn with hay.  I plan on getting a few more head of cattle to keep Momma and Baby company this Winter and I need more hay for them.  It took four pickup loads of hay to finish filling the barn and I got the last load on Monday.

A bit of a workout as I had to load the bales on the pickup, then unload the bales and stack them in the barn.  The bales weigh around 60 lbs each.

I could carry 42 bales on a load.  This last load was 39 bales.


A little too much to simply back into my little barn.


In the end I could fit another 15 bales of hay in the barn but I wanted a small space behind the door.  As it is I have around 275 bales of hay in the barn with eight bales of straw.


Almost stacked to the roof

No comments: