Friday, October 26, 2012

Fixed one pump

Since the weather is still more like Winter and not Fall I fixed the sump pump that sucked up a small pebble and froze.  This is the pump with the broken bolt.  I did a little drilling and got the pump apart.  Then using a vice-grip I removed the rest of the bolt.


However when I put the pump back together I turned another bolt too tight and broke its head.     Are these bolts too thin for their heads? I found several others bolts and put the pump back together.  It runs.  Now I need a nice day so I can test if the pump still sucks up water.


With these Winter-like days I am getting stuff done around the house.  I got the shower tile grout sealed and caulked the shower's corners.  I also ordered the shower doors. I closed the crawl space's vents and replaced the insulation I had moved around the attic in order to put in the sun tunnel in the bathroom.  I also replaced the old fashioned furnace thermostat with a programmable digital thermostat.

No comments: