Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Neighbors' trees

Not only were some of my trees toppled from the storm, the neighbors trees also took a hit.

A couple of trees lost their tops.  The neighbor was very lucky for two reasons:
  1. the trees missed their garage for the most part and caused no damage, and
  2. the neighbors were at church when the storm hit so their vehicle wasn't trapped in the garage.




Another neighbor's tree fell across the road.  The guy in the truck attempted to cut through with his chainsaw, but gave up.  The neighbor had a chainsaw and I volunteered to cut the tree.  However she couldn't get the chainsaw started.  I offered to use my chainsaw but didn't have any gas for it.  She had gas but it was a 50:1 mixture and my chainsaw takes a 16:1 mixture.  We let the county handle the tree.  I heard someone (the county?) cutting on the tree at 5 am.




Here is the road after the tree had been cut.


With only a few trees to handle, the neighbors got their trees mostly cleared up before me.  I'm still working on cutting and cleaning up after my trees.

No comments: