Sunday, June 03, 2012

Cottage Inn auction

May 19 I attended a great auction.

This auction was great because the only advertizing was two weeks prior to the auction.  The newspaper screwed up and didn't run the ad the week before the auction.  Therefore turnout was light and deals were to be had.

The auction was a two day auction concerning disposition of the Cottage Inn.  At the auction I met the Englishman who owned and ran the Inn and he was the nicest guy. I am sorry he lost his business.


Day 1 (Friday) was the Inn's contents.  Day 2 (Saturday) was the personal property of the Inn's owners.  I only attended the Saturday auction.  I showed up over an hour after the auction started at 10 am since I helped Tammy set up her Women's Expo at the Flathead County Fairgrounds that morning.  Even though I was late to the auction I got bidder number 47.  That is how few people were at the auction.

Parking area

Auction site

Bobby Roshson: auctioneer

Many things sold cheap.  I regretted not getting there on time.  After I arrived I saw a woman walk by with a new electrical circuit breaker box still in its original cardboard box.  I could use one of those to replace my old circuit breakers for the house.

I stayed until the end of the auction.  The two photos below shows what I bought.  Grand total: $33.

There was stuff I needed for my bathroom remodel.  A current handsaw is dull and the estimate was for $12 or so to sharpen it.  I bought two sharp handsaws for $3 each.  I needed scrapers and a box for my sheet rock mudding.  I bought all the stuff to the right of the handsaw for $2.  I got everything to the left of the handsaws (except the receiver hitch) for $1. What I wanted in this box of stuff was the pair of 3-pin cross country ski shoes as most of the rest I threw away.  I bought a receiver hitch for my pickup with a 2 inch ball for $6.


I got a 2 ft level and a 4 ft level for $7.   The auction sold two of iron Shepard's hooks and it turns out I should have taken them both as Tammy has two things to hang on Shepard's hooks. And I got the wooden sawhorses which would have come in handy earlier when my uncles were here to remodel my bathroom.

No comments: