Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Starting to harrow

I started dragging the harrow Monday.  I am behind schedule as I should have drug my harrow across the hayfield and pastures weeks ago. The grass is growing and I should have drug the harrow before the grass started growing.   Even so, I have lots of cattle and horse manure that needs to be broken up.  Also, even though I raked flat most of the pocket gopher dirt mounds after trapping the pocket gophers, there is still some mounds that need to be knocked down.

Here is the 2012 version of my harrow.  The only drawback is gap between the two sections of harrows.  I've noticed that the manure that slips between the harrow sections is not broken up.  Still, it appears over 90% of the manure is broken up.


This shows 'before' and 'after'.

No comments: