Friday, April 27, 2012

Kalispell Antique Flea Market

Tammy's antique flea market was held from 9 am to 6 pm last Saturday and 10 am to 4 pm on Sunday.  The weather forecast was for good weather on both days but fortunately the weather on Saturday was cool and cloudy.   I think that brought in a few more customers to Tammy's event.  On Sunday the weather was sunny and warm.  That, combined with it being a Sunday and the event's second day, meant the number of people who came on Sunday was much less than on Saturday.  On Saturday there were 470 people and on Sunday there were around 160 to 170 people.

On Saturday morning we were at the building over an hour early and still there were a few vendors waiting to get in and do their last minute set up.  Even though the event started at 9 am we had customers at 8:45 pm.   Most vendors were ready.

Here is the banner Tammy designed to advertise the event.


Tammy and I made signs to advertise event and help direct people to the correct location on the fairgrounds.  We had three of these signs.


In addition to Tammy's Tastefully Simple booth on the left she let me have a space to sell some of my stuff.  The customers that came were more interested in the flea market stuff than in the home-based businesses like Tastefully Simple, Scentsy or Watkins.

Saturday night I looked through some of the boxes stored in the bunkhouse and found more stuff to bring to sell.  I also brought several more tables to put the stuff on.  I sold a number of things.  Good thing Tammy didn't charge me for my booth as I didn't sell enough to pay for my booth.



The event as seen from the main entrance.  The wood floors were more forgiving than concrete floors but my legs were still tired by the end of the day.


This vendor had a number of neat signs.  I thought of my Uncle Curt as I think he is into stuff like this.  The signs weren't cheap, so while the vendor sold some of signs, they weren't flying out of there.


Tammy had a couple of food vendors outside the building.  This photo was taken on Saturday.  Sunday didn't have any clouds.



It was cold inside the building on Saturday morning and we had to get the heaters going.

We had a steady stream of customers on Saturday until mid to late afternoon.  The event went until 6 pm but it was dead after 5 pm on Saturday.

On Sunday morning Tammy and I actually got to the expo before any one else.  We had a couple who came a little before we opened at 10 am and I let them come in to look around.  This worked out for me as they bought a number of things from me   It was pretty slow until after noon as many people were at church.    We were open until 4 pm on Sunday and it was dead after 3 pm.

The Pampered Chef vendor staffed her booth on Saturday even after a long day on Friday traveling around Montana including coming back from Williston, ND.  On Sunday she had a team mate staff her booth while she caught up on her sleep.  He snuck out around 2:30 pm and other vendors and Tammy were upset that he left early.


This is what we brought back from the event including the signs, our tables and stuff.  The brown box is holding food to be donated to the Food Bank.  Tammy listed that we were taking food donations in one of her ad listings but forgot to list that we were doing so in the other listings.  We know who saw the one listing as they brought food.  We only collected a little over 31 pounds, much less than the 120.6 pounds we collected at her Woman's Expo in March.


It was a long weekend.   Overall the vendors were happy and many vendors want Tammy to continue this type of event with future dates in August and November.

No comments: