Sunday, April 15, 2012

Columbia Falls women's expo

Tammy held her Columbia Falls women's expo on Saturday April 14.  The weather conspired against it which is odd to say as the weather was so nice.  The weather forecast was the same as it has been all week: cloudy and cool with a decent chance of rain.  Saturday dawned and it was clear and sunny, no wind with warm temperatures.  It was good weather for getting outside stuff done instead of attending a small women's expo.  The attendance was less than we hoped for, even factoring in that the expo was held in the small town of Columbia Falls. Then about the time the expo was over at 4 pm the clouds arrived on a strong cool wind.  Too late.  Today - Sunday - the weather is back to overcast, damp and cool.  Figures.  Even factoring in the nice weather Tammy is going to think long and hard before scheduling another expo in Columbia Falls.

I should have taken more photos but I was busy part of the day attending my credit union's annual meeting where I fell asleep when the lights were turned down for the PowerPoint presentation of their financial numbers. In my defense I hadn't gotten enough sleep the night before as I was up late helping with making the expo signs.  I also stopped by a small auction held nearby at Columbia Falls.  Mostly guys were at the auction as the stuff being auctioned was mostly tools and "guy stuff".

So I forgot to take a photo of the expo location (inside a former bank), Tammy's new "Women's Expo" banner I hung outside the building, or any of the four large signs I placed at the ends of the street and in front of the expo location.

Tammy ended up with about 14 vendors at her expo.  It seems as if a half dozen vendors canceled at the last minute for various reasons other than the weather.

I did get a photo of Tammy's display.

No comments: