Monday, August 13, 2007

Remembering Denise

Saturday I received a phone call that Denise, a special friend from my past, had died Friday night due to stomach cancer. She was 52. It was not a surprise to receive the call as I knew she had terminal cancer and her condition was worsening rapidly this past June when we last spoke and said our final goodbyes; but her passing is sad nonetheless. Apparently her eldest sister was with Denise and she sang to Denise as she died.

For all of my friends who have included Denise in your prayers, or via some other means of sending positive thoughts out into the universe on her behalf these past two years, and have expressed their sympathy and concern to me - thank you.

Denise was a true Scorpio. She was classy, passionate, independent, and could be strong-willed, stubborn and exasperating, but she will be greatly missed by those who knew her well. She did love; she did care; and she was a true and great friend.
"Love is all a matter of timing.
It's no good meeting the right person too soon or too late.
If I had lived in another time or place... my story might have had a very different ending."

--- from the movie, "2046"

Here are some photos from what seems to be a lifetime ago. Was I that young once upon a time?













Denise later got a pilot's license and bought her own plane.

Corn mazes in southern Minnesota that we flew over.


Even when battling stomach cancer she looked good.



Goodbye Denise... rest in peace.

1 comment:

Ruby said...

Great photos, they tell a bit of her story,she looked fun and interesting. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Myself, I like to think that we all live on somehow,even if I can't prove it.

Often you hear the sentiment that we live on through memories, but for me it is even more than that.Perhaps the soul does not die.

Whoever said we are spiritual beings having a human experience, I feel, was right on.

Thanks for sharing your Denise,may she rest in peace.