Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hectic life

It has been a few days since I last wrote to my blog. Life is very busy and crazy. Last night about this time - at 2:30 am - I returned from a several day backpacking trip in Montana near the Beartooth Highway. A fantastic time!!! This ranks in the top 10 hikes I have ever done. I definitely want to return to this trail and area. This time I will make it to the top of one, or even both, of the mountains on each side of Sundance Pass. An incredible time and an incredible view.

I also drove the Beartooth Highway and visited part of Yellowstone National Park before a late night crazy drive home. Think 'many deer' and a clock being an hour off. Oh, but the sunset I saw from Yellowstone Park. Beautiful! I, and almost a dozen other cars, whipped off the road into a pullout at the same time then everyone jumped out of our cars with cameras in hand in a mad rush to take photos of a gorgeous sunset before it disappeared while "oohing" and "aahing" at the sight.

Add in my car suddenly having battery problems just to make my travels more interesting. Think of a number of times having someone push my car while I popped the clutch to get it started, else leaving my car running trusting no one to drive off with my car while I saw the sights. What is my life but a crazy adventure. "Number 2 fun" as Chad, the forest ranger, mentioned to me. That is, some things are more fun to talk about later than experience. Though I went with the flow and still had a great time.

Let's see, what else, the last Picnic in the Park concert was held Tuesday night and I attended it.

And Colleen suddenly, surprisingly, ended out relationship last week.

I'll write more about all of this when I find more time. I still have my Goat Haunt hike, several trips with Brian, several adventures with Colleen, and now these recent adventures to write up. Summer is almost over and I still haven't gotten many of my ranch projects done. I have been having too much fun times; but now I need to concentrate on projects around the ranch before Winter comes. And come Winter will as there is now starting to get a chill in the air.

No comments: