Thursday, August 09, 2007

Music, bicycling, swimming and a movie

Wednesday I attended the noon-time Picnic in the Park concert. This concert was the local group, Tra Le Gael. This group is a Celtic quintet. One of their instruments is a hammered dulcimer which I enjoy hearing. According to Colleen's friend Pam the dulcimer player is also a veterinarian.

The group and music were very good. They also harmonized well on some songs so they didn't play only instrumental songs.



I was late to the concert but still arrived before Colleen who had another appointment. I thought she had already arrived, and as I am poor in locating people in a crowd, could not find her. It turns out she was standing by a tree and I was stranding by another tree and neither of us were in sight of one another until she moved.

Also at the concert I met her friend Pam, who was very nice.

After the concert was over Colleen and I went to Colleen's house and I rode bicycle with her on one of the usual routes she rides on. The road loops up and around Lone Pine State Park on Foys Lake road. We stopped to see Joyce who lives nearby and Colleen was able to meet Joyce.

At Foys Lake we went swimming. Colleen had worn her bikini under her bicycling outfit. Me, I had no swim suit. That wasn't going to stop me from swimming with Colleen. Since this was a public beach this meant I had to keep my clothes on. If taking my shirt off resulted in a note of disapproval, shedding more clothes may result in a visit from the law. So I swam in my cutoff jeans. Like I said, I wasn't going to pass up a chance to go swimming.

Oh, and by the way, Colleen looks great in a bikini.

Our high temperature only reached 78 today. For here that is a decent temperature but after our string of 90 degree days, 78 felt a touch cool. When the sun went behind a cloud... brrr! At times being in the water felt warmer than being out of the water.

Let me tell you a bikini dries off faster than cutoff jeans - even black jeans. I still had wet pants when we left. Part of the time I rode my bicycle standing up. Riding down the hill I exceeded 40 mph. That's when I sat down on the bicycle. The breeze helped dry my jeans.

On the ride back to Colleen's house we stopped by the house of another one of Colleen's friends and I got to meet her.

Back at Colleen's house she grilled salmon and made a salad and I fixed a leaky pipe under her sink. Then we watched the movie, The Bourne Supremacy, in preparation of watching The Bourne Ultimatum at the new movie theater later this week.

Another fine day.

No comments: