Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Train and trivia

I should be in bed but here I am at this late hour copying my computer files and getting ready to return to Montana. I am glad I can sleep on the train tomorrow (today!) as I'll only get a few hours sleep before I have to get up to catch the train.

A busy day packing and preparing to leave. I also made four batches for pumpkin muffins for my mother and brother to eat after I leave.

Everything is packed and ready to go. I had planned on checking my luggage tonight after the eastbound train left Minot but I didn't get packed in time before the train depot closed for the night. The forecast is for snow tonight which will make tomorrow messy.

Monday night was trivia. Our team was Rod, Austin, Bonnie, Gene, and I. Our team (Bahama Mama) did great. We won the first trivia contest and beat the lawyers. Our team tied with the lawyers with 18 correct answers. We would have had 19 correct but I had insisted the answer to "Which overweight actor starred in the 1915 movie, "Pool Sharks"?" was Fatty Arbuckle Some of our team said W.C. Fields but I thought 1915 was before his time. The correct answer was W.C. Fields. Argh! Several weeks ago I was convinced Fatty Arbuckle was the correct answer and it was W.C. Fields. My team has now banned the mention of "Fatty Arbuckle".

Since we had tied the lawyers, we had to answer a tie breaker question. "How many times has the Morton Salt girl changed?" Bonnie thought 5 or 6 times and no one else had a clue. She guessed 4 times. The lawyers guessed 2 times. The correct answer was 6 times and we won as we were the closest. We won a $20 gift certificate to be used next week.

The same team can not win more than once a night so it didn't matter in the second game. Still we wanted bragging rights. We ended up with 15 correct, good enough for third place. The lawyers won the second game.

Austin won the final quarters question and got the final amount of $13.50.

I'm going to miss the trivia nights.

No comments: