Monday, February 26, 2007

Old logos

Recently I was going through some of dad's old papers and receipts from the 1950s and 60s. These logos caught my eye. I don't believe any of these logos still exist, and GMC is the only company that still exists.

Some of you may notice the Oliver logo. It is not a memorable or distinctive logo. But as I never had heard of the Oliver company until I moved to Montana I was surprised to find there had been two local dealerships in the area in the late 1950s. Maybe my ignorance can be excused as this was before my time.

I like the other designs though the Plymouth logo doesn't look that great when small. The DeSoto log is interesting. Who in their right mind would name a car after a Spanish conquistador?

Isn't it amazing to find phone numbers of "25", "500", and "4981". Those were some old days!

















No comments: