Sunday, February 18, 2007

Hangover and a movie

Saturday I attended Rod and Ed's party. I'll write more about it another time as I am waiting to see if I get a few photos that I can post. Ronnie was able to take a photo of the crazy "fairy wings" that Rod and I weren't able to capture with our cameras. I hope that she remembers and sends me a copy of the photo. I am hoping with all the photos Rod took he thought of taking photos of the grouse, pheasant, and walleye as they looked and tasted great.

We went through bottles and bottles of wine and some people stuck to beer. At the end of the night a few of us were in decent shape and others... not so sober.

I was in the "handling my liquor well" category. I didn't start drinking wine till I had some food, and while I sampled every one of the dozen wine bottles opened, I didn't seem to be affected. Once I realized I would be the one driving Rod home later in his pickup, I stopped drinking. No sense taking a chance of more wine affecting me later.

Still I woke up this morning thirsty and with a slight headache. Hangover? After my 12 mile bicycle ride late this afternoon (you didn't think I got up any earlier than normal, did you?), the headache disappeared. But maybe I should have eaten lunch today because by supper, and now, I am feeling on the weaker side and not my best.

It would be just my luck to finally catch the flu bug. Last weekend my brother was felled by the flu. Then a few days later my mother caught it. About the same time my mother was feeling the flu's effects, I could tell the flu bug was trying to get to me from how my eyes, sinuses, and throat felt different. But the flu failed as I never caught it. Tune in tomorrow to see if all that wine weakened my defenses.

This afternoon I watched a movie, "The Human Stain". Big mistake! This movie is incredibly depressing. Avoid watching it at all costs. I felt lousy emotionally after watching the movie. The movie can be summed up by: "Life sucks, then you die." I'm not kidding. They die in the end and no one is punished.

From the movie poster, you think - ahem - this could be good. Anthony Hopkins and Nicole Kidman star. She is having an affair with him. Nicole Kidman as a 34 year old having an affair with Hopkins - an old man - is not sexy. He is way too old for her. Wait.. the story was written by an old man? That makes sense.

No comments: