Monday, February 06, 2006

Shift tricycle

"The Shift bicycle features a swinging rear hub, which allows the rear wheels to pitch in and out. The hub allows for the rear wheels to provide a larger or smaller stance depending on the amount to weight on the rear wheels. An internal belt keeps the drive train away from the children for safety.” - designapkin.com


What a cool tricycle/bicycle!! As my friends know I love bicycling and bicycles.

I wish I had this tricycle to learn on back when I was a kid. I asked my mom if she had a photo of me and my training wheel bicycle that I could share on my blog. She said she didn't have one because I learned without training wheels. I thought back and it was my brother's bicycle with those temporary little wheels that attached to the rear of the bicycle on each side. The metal supports would invariably bend on one side and cause the bicycle to lean when starting out. I now remember I had someone push me up to speed then let me go on my own. I guess time heals all wounds as I don't remember any crashes from my learning phase - although I am sure I had a number. And those crashes didn't prevent me from taking up bicycling with a vengence when I got older.

Here is an article about the inventors and more information on the tricycle.

No comments: