Friday, February 03, 2006

Roosevelt city park photos

Here are a few photos to go with my earlier post about the Roosevelt city park.

A statue of how Teddy Roosevelt looked when he lived in western North Dakota, or else how he looked during his Roughrider days a decade later. (Looks like the statue needs a little cleaning!)



The sundail. The shadow shows it was a few minutes before 2 pm when I took the photo.


The Burlington Northern (BN) caboose that needs paint.


The Soo Line caboose.

The swimming pool and water slide during the off season. I'd say this is where my father tried to teach me how to swim, but the pool has been rebuilt since then. Same location, newer better pool.

Downtown Minot 2006. Main Street is 4 blocks long. 5 blocks if you count where I am standing when taking the photo.
Now looking at all these photos, what do you notice? Yes... blue skies!! People often comment when I tell them I visit North Dakota during winter --- "Isn't it cold?" Usually, but I see blue skies here. Where I live in Montana the sun hardly shines during the winter. This past January they had 2.29 inches of moisture - which is a lot for them! 9th wettest January ever? I wonder if the sun shone there at all?!

No comments: