Sunday, December 31, 2023

Rail fence wired

Today I finally finished adding wire to my newly built rail fence.   The rail fence is good, but the cattle could stick their head through the rails to eat the grass on the other side.  If so, the rails won't last.  So I have been cutting sections from my pile of wire mesh sheets (remesh sheets).  

I had made the fence rails 3 feet wide.  The fence sections are 8 feet wide.  The mesh sheets are 8 feet wide and 20 feet long.  I got 6 fence sections from each sheet.    I had 40 sections of rail fence.

Now this took some time.  But not an overlong time.  If this was Summer with many hours of daylight I could have gotten the job done in a day or two.    But since this is the shortest time of daylight, and I had a few other things to do over the days, this job took me almost three weeks.   A little done here, a little done there.

But I am done.  And this should make my fence last against the cattle's behavior.


Now on to other things.

No comments: