Tuesday, December 05, 2023

More roadside fence rebuild

Yesterday I completed another section of the fence rebuild along the road.   With the recent snow or rain or cold it takes longer than one day to rebuild a section of the fence.  Almost a week this time.

I am done with the rails I got from Curtis.  He hasn't gotten anymore.  I still have a section of the fence to rebuild.  The three rails left from my driveway rebuild is not enough.   Then, when getting some wooden posts, I noticed/remembered I had some long rails.

Years ago when organizing my 'stuff' (crap I should get rid of according to Donna), I had stacked some rails and long boards on my second wooden feeder.  I forgot I had them. The standing boards/poles I had taken off the pile before I remembered to get my camera to take the photos.

In the background are my wooden posts.  I have plenty.  Years ago I had taken down barb wire fences from several people who replaced their fences with the white vinyl fencing.  They had horses, not cattle.  Vinyl fences are useless for cattle (and an ugly joke to me) as the cattle can break them easily.  For taking down their barb wire fences they gave their wire and posts to me.   I still have some barb wire wrapped around the wheel rim in the photo.

I have enough rails to finish the fence rebuild by the road.


Here are the three rails I just installed.   Well, two rails and a "rail-y type' of long pole.  The long pole works as the top rail on the fence.



The section I just rebuilt.  Second photo shows what is left to rebuild.  I have 26 feet left to rebuild.

No comments: