Sunday, April 30, 2023

Cutting tree branches at Donna's

Saturday afternoon Donna asked me to come over to cut some of her tree branches.  She had some dead and broken branches on her willow tree.

I planned on using my chainsaw but I could not get it started.   Once must mix some oil with the gas and I think I got the mixture wrong.  So I brought some of my handsaws and some of my pole saws.  I may have to take my chainsaw to a repair shop this week as I have a downed tree in my middle pasture I want to cut up to make harrowing easier.

I had to stand on a stepladder to reach some of the willow branches with either of my saws.   Once the willow tree was done, Donna wanted me to cut some of the bottom branches on an evergreen tree that appears to be ill and dying.  She plans to place some tree spikes under the tree to fertilize and help the ill tree.   As the trees next to the ill tree had dead branches near their bottom, I trimmed those branches also.  A number of branches were cut and then went on her burn pile, which she burnt today.

The tree on the very right is a tree I didn't trim any branches from.  That shows how all the rest of the trees in the photo looked before I trimmed their branches.   The tree in the middle is the ill tree.  The branches were all the way to the ground.



Donna's dog, Rusty, wanted to 'help' us.  Here are a few photos of Rusty from today when I stopped to get my sunglasses which I had forgotten at Donna's place.  Rusty finally stayed still long enough for me to take a photo of him.

No comments: