Sunday, April 02, 2023

Snow and cattle

Last evening we had snow.  And it stuck.   Unlike in the afternoon when I was riding my bicycle and a snow squall went past me.  I struggled to ride 8 mph.  The side of me was snow covered and the side of my face was cold due to the very strong wind.  That lasted 15-20 minutes and then it passed by.  The snow didn't stick to the ground when I rode my bicycle.

Happy April Fools!  ...that's what the snow 'said' to me.

I still had snow this morning.  The lasted on the ground until noon or so.  I'm not sure.  The snow was gone when I finally woke up for good at 1:15 pm, though I was awake a few times before noon and saw snow.

At 7:30 to 8 am I went outside and checked on the cows to see if there were any new calves born.  No new calves born today.


Haynes the bull and the two steers in the corral.


One can see where some cows had spent the night.

No Tail and her calf are on the right.




Sugar rubbing against a tree.

Panda

No comments: