Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Broken corral board

Today I was cleaning the wooden hay feeders.  Earlier when I had placed the cut grass in them for the cattle there also were small rocks and small pinecones mixed with the grass.  The cattle left the rocks ands pinecones.  As I cleaned the feeders the heifers came and decided to 'help' by sticking their nose everywhere, pushing on boards, and trying to grab my tools.  *sigh*

As I was cleaning I heard a loud crack of a board breaking. I looked up and saw Mama had broken a board in the corral fence.  She was reaching through the fence to reach the green grass in the hayfield and her weight snapped one board in two.

Before she could figure how to wiggle through the fence I had to first push a broken red feeder in front of the fence.  Then I got a galvanized gate and placed against the fence.



I found a board the exact length (9' 6") I needed.  It was in the middle of a wood pile and it took time to get it out of the pile.  I don't think Mama will break this board.


No comments: