Saturday, June 08, 2019

Apple tree blossoms and rain

Last month both my apple trees blossomed.  It appears I will have apples this year.



Thursday and today both were all day rainy days.  Good.  We need moisture.

I am still working on my fence rebuild when it is not raining.

Friday I moved the corral panels in my yard to allow the 4 heifers to have access to more of the yard.  They quickly went around to areas I protected to see if they could try to get what was blocked, then they went to eat the tall grass.   Today when I returned from town I found they figured out the ropes tying a tarp over the roof of the well pump shed and had over half the tarp off.  I found this and re-tied the tarp to the roof before they had a chance to rip any asphalt shingles off the roof.

The cattle in the south pasture decided after a few days they wanted to go into the middle pasture and broke the small chain on the gate, a chain that locked the gate for years now.  There is lots of good grass in the south pasture but these cattle want what they want, and they want it now.  I put a bigger chain on the gate.

No comments: