Friday, February 09, 2018

Winter storm aftermath

The strong winds died down by morning and the sun mostly came out.  Snow was here and there where it collected out of the wind and in places that usually doesn't get snow, and not in other places where the wind kept it moving.

I had parked my bicycle south of the house so it would be out of the wind and not get blown over.



The only building damage was that this fiberglass sheet blew up.  Several wires across the roof kept the sheet from blowing away.  This sheet was next to the temporary repair job to the left of the sheet.  All the temp roof repair jobs held in place.



Here is the hay bale core I mentioned that had tipped to stand upright.  Still strange that it had done so.



This photo is not where it happened, but I included it to show where icy sections are under the snow.  Late this morning I shoveled snow from a few areas on the driveway.  Daisy came walking from the north pasture as I carried and tossed some snow onto a snow pile.  Unfortunately as I looked at Daisy and tossed the snow I was standing on a small area of ice covered by a thin layer of snow.  My feet flipped up and I fell on my sore back, making my back - which had been feeling much better - more sore.  This time I also hit my head.  I didn't lose consciousness but I did find blood mixed with my hair.  I am feeling better this evening as I write this as my back is almost back to where I was before this latest Fall.



Here is a photo of my neighbor's structure that flipped over in the storm.  It had been standing over the stacked logs.  I don't know how well he had anchored the structure when he built it.


No comments: