Saturday, February 17, 2018

Another Winter storm

We are under another Winter storm.  A blizzard watch until 11 am Sunday.  I woke up to snow falling and the snow fell steady all day and piled up.  The prediction was 8 to 12 inches and we got something in that range.  The wind was light all day until about 7 pm when it started to roar.  I checked the weather statistics and for the last few hours the wind speed had been in the 32 to 34 mph range with gusts up to 43 mph.  I certainly can hear the wind roar right now!  All that fresh snow will be rearranged by morning.

The county road department doesn't like to work on weekends so the roads near me haven't been plowed.  A lot less traffic than usual.  I was able to ride 15 miles on my bicycle through the snow - with extra effort.

Snow stacking on a female box elder tree before the wind started.

This evening I finished another large hay bale for the cows.  Due to the predicted storm I started my tractor and got another large hay bale to the ground (on the wood pallets in the lower right corner of the photo) and some hay loaded into the pickup to give to the cattle tomorrow morning.  Easier to do that this evening before the wind started up.  I also put down another bale of straw for the heifers and bad-leg cow to lay on.



No comments: