Thursday, February 01, 2018

January bicycle mileage record

The second half of this past January has overall been decent.  Other than a few days of snow and/or rain, it has been dry and a little warmer than usual.  I took advantage and rode more miles on my bicycle.

I set a new monthly maximum for January.  The old record was 410 miles.  The new record is 550 miles.  Now that I have ridden over 500 miles this January that makes it all months of the year where I have ridden over 500 miles at least once.

Normally January is a low mileage month.  Prior to this year my average mileage amount in January was 130 miles.  But that was a result of living so many years in North Dakota and Minnesota where they have a real Winter.  Since living here in western Montana my January mileage has been higher.

This January I had ridden 400 miles over the last two weeks of the month versus 150 miles over the first two weeks.

No comments: