Monday, February 19, 2018

Clearing snow

We had sun all day and no wind. The cattle laid in the corral and north pasture soaking up the sun this afternoon. The temperature was in the low teens but it still felt nice outside.  Already tonight the temperature is below zero.

In the morning I shoveled the snow to clear a driving path from the backyard to the house.  After breakfast and watching the noon news and weather TV show, Daisy and I fell asleep on the couch.  Over an hour later we were woken up to the sound of my neighbor Calvin plowing my driveway.  He felt a foot of snow was too much for me to shovel.  He even plowed a path to the hayshed for me to drive.  I shoveled a path from his hayshed plowed path to my corral's north gate as Daisy likes to take that route to the hayshed.  The reason Calvin's male cat spends so much time in my hayshed is that he refuses to use the litterbox and had made messes in the house and therefore is exiled from the house for a good amount of the day.

I also shoveled snow away from my mailbox as the county plowed the road this morning and left a huge pile of snow in front of my mailbox.  Even though it is President's Day - and a holiday for federal, state, and county workers - a county snowplow came by this morning and cleared off my road.  The county had to do it else I am sure heads would have rolled since no plowing was done on Saturday or Sunday and the roads were in poor condition.   The Daily Interlake newspaper canceled deliveries on Sunday due to the storm.  Donna said she didn't get a paper today either. She said late this morning a road grader went by, then a snowplow truck. The newspaper is generally delivered very early in the morning.

No bicycle riding again today for me.


Good thing I already have enough logs split for firewood.

This was from an area that didn't have much snow.

Path to hayshed





Daisy helped for a while in the afternoon by batting some small snowballs around.  She went in the house early due to cold paws.


No comments: