Sunday, August 13, 2017

Baled the hay

Last Sunday I had cut the neighbor's lower field.  Tuesday there was a 20% chance of rain.  Of course, since I had hay down, it rained.   Fortunately not much.   Wednesday I baled the hay.  It took a little less than two and a half hours.  It went smooth.  The only 'problem' was when I cut the twine, the end of the twine would shrink back into the tube and I would have to use a wire to push it back out.  I was using twine from a new roll and sometimes it acts like this until more twine is used.  Otherwise, no belts twisted, the bales were uniform and the twine wrapped snug around the bales.  The way things should work.

I got eight full bales of grass hay.  With these eight bales I have a bale or two more than what I used last Winter to feed the cattle.  So I should be good for this Winter.   And I am done making hay for the year!



No comments: