Thursday, October 22, 2015

Shirt, manure, cattle

Today I broke down and got a newer flannel shirt.  My old one was thin and falling apart.  So I rode my bicycle to Goodwill and bought a newer flannel shirt for $2.50.  And it has long arms, perfect for when I am leaning over riding my bicycle.  I didn't care when my old shirt got caught on the barb wire fences.  My new shirt... well, if you hear a few choice curse words you know my new shirt got caught on the barb wire.

Old and new shirts.


Daisy had to get in the act. She then wanted me to open the door so she could see what was inside.



Beulah and the two bronco-faced cows were in the south pasture this morning while the rest of the cattle were still in the middle pasture.  I opened the gate and Beulah walked over and stood in the gate.  She wouldn't walk through. She was blocking the way so the bronco-faced cows couldn't walk through.  The rest of the cattle came over.  Eventually Beulah backed up in the south pasture and I closed the gate.  Since most of the cattle were in the middle pasture I carried the salt into the middle pasture.

Here are a couple photos of Buddy and Daisy from when I moved the irrigation pipes on Wednesday.  Buddy of course had to check out my work.  Daisy was just relaxing in the sun for a while.  She did get her exercise as I walked here and there and she often followed me.




I washed out the stock trailer this afternoon once the fog lifted and it warmed up.  Lots of manure coated the insides.  It took over and hour and a half to clean the stock trailer and the floor mats.

I did a little work on the tool shed roof.  Not as much as I planned and hoped to do.  I got side tracked closing the gap between the tool shed wall and the pole shed wall.  While the wind doesn't blow much here, it can blow in the Winter when a big cold front blasts down the mountain pass. 

No comments: