Friday, October 30, 2015

Roof vent

Thursday I actually was able to do some work on the tool shed roof even though it rained part of the day.  First I helped Dan in the morning, then ran some errands uptown in the afternoon.  It was raining uptown so I stopped at a thrift store.  I found three pair of jeans and a pair of shoes.  Just so you know... just because I have a half dozen to eight pair of jeans with no holes or patches, it doesn't mean I am giving up on my two pair of patched jeans that are part of my homeless collection.

The other thing I found at the thrift store - to my surprise - was a box of roof vents just like the one I bought yesterday.  I guess it was good that I didn't have time to install the vent Wednesday night.  The thrift store roof vent was $2 vs $10 I paid at Home Depot.

When I got home I found it hadn't rained when I was gone. I peeled back the plastic covering the roof - which hadn't leaked like the tarp had - and I cut a hole in the roof and installed the roof vent.  Now if Friday has some dry periods I may get even more done on the roof.

A break from the rain

Blue powder marks the spot to cut

$2 roof vent installed

No comments: