Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Strong winds

A strong cold front spilled over the mountain passes last night.  The wind picked up after midnight.  It blew so hard Daisy decided to come in the house instead of spending part of the night outside.  In the house the wind howled so loud Daisy would look around.  The weather report said the wind was 34 mph with gusts to 44 mph.

This morning I discovered that my hay tarp had partially broke free and was flapping in the wind.  When I put the tarp in place I had fastened the north side really good.  The south side, the side near the loafing shed I had fastened half as much and that was the side that broke free and flailed in the wind.

I placed long poles and other objects on top of the tarp and refastened as best I could the south and east sides.  Half of the metal rings had been torn out.

The forecast is for another reinforcing shot of cold weather and strong winds tonight and on Wednesday.  I'll see how the tarp fares after this.


No comments: