Monday, September 08, 2014

Annual yard mowing

Today I finished mowing my yard.  This was the first time I mowed the yard this year.  The horses ate it down pretty good.  But I wanted to mow because of what they didn't eat much of, which was grass in their chosen bathroom areas.  I also mowed a little bit in the NE pasture as the horses tended to use areas near buildings as their bathroom areas.  I didn't want tall dry grass near the out buildings.

And lastly, the reason to mow was to break up their manure piles.

I was delayed in my mowing as the lawnmower's starting assembly broke.  First the rope broke, then the recoil spring and then the catches wouldn't spin out to engage the engine when the rope was pulled.  I ordered a whole new starter assembly.

Below was the last area to be mowed.  Before - with manure - and after - pulverized manure.





No comments: