Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Wood chips

Remember the drooping power line back in July?  The electric company was out today.  I was delayed talking to the electric company workers as I was waiting for an electrician to arrive to look over my wiring for an estimate.   I want to upgrade the power to the barn from 110 to 220 for the well pump I plan to get next year.  Tossed in was to replace the old circuit breakers on the house and bury overhead power lines to the out buildings.

The electric company workers were here to trim trees by the power line.  Later in the week they will come out and install the new power pole to eliminate the power line droop.


They fed branches into a wood chipper.  They asked if I wanted the wood chips.  Sure.   Early afternoon they dumped a truck load of wood chips in the corral.  12 cubic yards of chips.  A lot.  It took me a while to spread the chips in the low area by the loafing shed.  I put the rest of the chips inside the loafing shed.   This area had standing water this Spring before the frost left the ground.  The chips should help.




I showed the electric company workers a low area in the pasture where they can dump the other wood chips.

No comments: