Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pocket gophers and tree stump work

It's that time of year!  The pocket gophers are getting active.  Last week when dragging the harrow around the south pasture I noticed some fresh dirt mounds, which the harrow then flattened.  When I went back a few days later I found more fresh mounds.  I set five traps and have trapped four pocket gophers over two days.  I have a few more traps out on a few more dirt mounds, including two traps on my neighbor's land just across my fence.  Once these pocket gophers have been trapped I will be done for now.

I also finished filling in a tree stump hole from the last tree stump Tammy and I burned last year.

Filled in area.

I also started digging around another tree stump.  Of course it would be another "iceberg": just a small area of the tree stump above ground with a massive root underground.


No comments: