Saturday, December 22, 2012

New friends: Day 2

The sun shone briefly in the morning when I went outside to check on the hay and water for the cattle.

The new cattle were in their favorite area.


Man, that barn needs paint.  I need to make it a priority next year.


While I taking the previous photo Momma came over in case I had some apples or other goodies for her.


Sorry Momma.  Nothing right now.

Of course later in the afternoon when I had apple cores and old lettuce none of the cattle would come over.  However once I left Momma sauntered over nonchalantly and scarfed up the food.  I added more apple cores a half hour latter and no amount of coaxing got the cattle interested.  This time when Momma came over to eat the food I left Baby came quick enough to get some of the food.  The new cattle also came over to see what was up.  By the time they came over the food was eaten and they were puzzled on what was going on.  They checked the spot over and over after Momma and Baby left but the food was gone.


After Tammy parked the stock trailer back in the hayshed I added more hay to the feeder.  The new cattle are still leery of me but I find the two heifers are a bit braver and they came to eat while I was still there.


Here is a 9 second video of the cattle eating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCfKSnd5h3E

No comments: