Thursday, April 21, 2011

Skillet Burrito Mix

A few weeks ago I got adventurous and made a Homemade Gourmet meal on my own - without Tammy's help as she is back in Minnesota.  Tammy said she wasn't fond of burritos so I made myself the Skillet Burrito recipe. The recipe can be found here: Homemade Gourmet Skillet Burrito recipe.

Yum!  I loved it.    And it wasn't hard to make.

As the recipe is for a serving size of eight I had plenty to eat for days afterwards.

While the recipe called for one cup of Mexican-style cheese I added a little more than one cup to the pan.  Then, when I made each burrito, I sprinkled more of the cheese on the filling.  So I ended up using two cups of Mexican-style cheese by the time I ate everything.

In the second photo, that is the recipe's Cilantro Spiced Sour Cream Topping. That also tastes good.



I also made and ate a Mexican Black Bean mix, but it appears Homemade Gourmet has discontinued that recipe as I can't find it on their web site.

No comments: