Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Feeder, nails and logs

I don't believe I mentioned that I finished fixing my cattle's feeder last week.  Here it is with the redone floor.  Now I just need to get cattle.  I missed the large cattle auction in Missoula last Thursday and I will miss this week's auction as I will drive my neighbor Jan to the hospital tomorrow for her operation on her foot.


I also took an old rotting stand apart and down.  Even though the stand was old and deteriorating, some of the long nails were difficult to pull out.  Here I had to use a vice grip to twist the nail around a bit to loosen it up as it did not want to be pulled out of the post.


After cutting up the willow tree last week I used my chain saw on other logs until I ran out of gas.  As you can see I have plenty of logs left to cut and to split.

No comments: