Monday, March 23, 2009

Deer

Sunday evening I seen three deer out in my pasture near the hayfield fence. They were in the area where I had been trimming dead tree branches this weekend. Even at that distance from the house they saw me when I was outside.

Over a half hour later I saw two of the deer walk down my driveway outside my house window. Dang! I don't want them to get accustomed to the house area so that when my garden is growing they come and eat it. I went outside and the third deer was still in the back yard and it ran back to the pasture. I went out around the house and the other two deer ran across the yard and out into the hayfield a short distance then stopped to look at me.

Shoo! Shoo! Go away!

Nothing. I walked to the fence and clapped thinking the sharp sound would drive them further away from the house. They ran a few steps and stopped again. I climbed over the fence and walked in their direction and they ran a little further and stopped. I gave up. Hopefully they get the idea not to come around the house again, but I doubt it.

So it looks like a few deer have survived the winter. Two medium size does and a small yearling.

No comments: