Sunday, March 01, 2009

Bicycle this and that

Friday's warmth and sun melted the snow from the roads enough that Saturday I decided to ride my bicycle uptown to get some ice cream and visit the library to return several DVDs and get another one.

The streets weren't entirely clear of snow as shady areas had snowy/icy stretches. I am not sure why (maybe due to traffic patterns?) but on one street with no shady sections the opposite lane was fairly clear while my lane had several long snowy/icy sections. Naturally the only cars that appeared were when I came to the snowy/icy sections.

I also discovered my rear bicycle tire had a slow leak. The tire was low when I left the library and my really beat up bicycle pump could only put so much air into the tire. I had to stop several times on the ride home to add air. But I made it - riding 6.5 miles is better than walking it.

If you remember my earlier mention about the article being written about my bicycling, it came out this week. It appeared in the HealthyMT magazine. They have a web site but my article didn't make it online.

The article was short but good. Or I suppose so. I find it really difficult to read about me so I am not the best judge of it.

Erin's article about me was in addition to her "Good for you, good for Earth" article. The following photo was one of several photos with the "Good for you, good for Earth", and also did not make it online. I am including the photo and not the article. I am anonymous on my blog and my name is all over the article. If you are interested I can email you a scanned copy of the article.


Even though the photographer took lots of photos of me with my bicycle and riding my bicycle I didn't make the cover. They went with a younger man who was wearing bicycling clothes and a cool helmet and sunglasses. And a nice looking bicycle and not the beat up one I ride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since what we are riding a bike for is enjoyment and exercise you just got a little bit of upper body workout on this ride. stay dry.

Rick

Tall Pines said...

Yup, I got an upper body workout between pumping up my bicycle tire a few times and by riding a good part of the distance standing up so as not to put too much weight on my rear half filled bicycle tire.