Monday, July 30, 2007

Show jumping at the Event

Sunday I attended the show jumping event at Rebecca Farms. I met Colleen there at 11:30 am and we stayed to the end, which seemed to come early. Do I have a lot to write about the show jumping event? Ummm.. not a whole lot as we were engaged in conversation much of the event. I guess I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to the horse jumping competition when I had an attractive woman to look at.

Let's see? What do I remember about the show jumping? A number of rider's horses knocked over poles on some of their jumps. One horse slid to a stop and turned and its rider, a man, fell from his saddle. He held on to the saddle and horse knowing that to step on the ground meant automatic disqualification. He eventually slipped from the horse.

Colleen is a knowledgeable horse woman and she explained interesting things about horses to me.

Another hot sunny day and part of my legs got a slight sunburn. In the mountains to the west I could see smoke rising. It appears yet another forest fire. I've lost count. They are all around us. Hwy 2 was closed for a while near Essex due to a fire that jumped the fire lines. At sunset the smoke plume from the fire in the west mountains lit up a nice red. It was pretty actually.

After the Event was over Collen and I went out to eat. Thai food. My favorite.

I had a very nice time with Colleen. She seems very nice. Life is good.

Oh... and Larry. I know you and Diane advised me not to mention to Colleen that I trap gophers... but... I did anyway. She didn't run for the hills. She told me she had some gophers on her property and had to get rid of them.

Anyway, here are a few photos from the show jumping event. The best photo was taken by Peter and Edwina. Apparently they were at the Event also, and judging from the photo, not far from where Colleen and I sat. Funny... I missed seeing them at the Event.

In this first photo you can see the fire's smoke plume in the background.




No comments: