Friday, July 13, 2007

No hike today

Our scheduled Friday hike was postponed till next week. The reason: 100 degrees is forecast for today. While it won't reach 100 degrees up on Siyeh Pass, it still will be plenty warm. No hike - this is why I am still up so late - even though I am trying to get to bed earlier to get up earlier to take advantage of the morning's coolness and daylight. Really, I am.

It's terrible. My neighbor, who is a logger, goes to work at 2:30 am and each night I watch him drive by in his logging truck. Makes me feel I am lazy.

I haven't done much the past few days due to the heat. 95 today. 12% humidity. Dry. Dry. Dry. The grass is drying up in the pasture and starting to turn brown.

I got a copy of Gary's photos from our Bowman/Goat Haunt/Waterton/Crypt Lake hikes. Between the two of us we had almost 400 photos. Naturally quite a few are duplicates. I also am tossing out a number of photos that didn't turn out or seemed similar to others. Once I get done I can write up those hikes.

No comments: