Friday, July 27, 2007

Domestic day

I didn't get much done Thursday. Another hot 93 degree day. Slept half the afternoon away. I washed clothes, made a cherry pie, watered part of the garden, and checked the pocket gopher traps. That's it.

I am trying to re-establish a routine since Brian left, but I don't seem to get much done. It gets dark by 10:30 pm now so I am aware the days are getting shorter. I have lots of projects to do before winter and none seem to get done. That may be contributing to my current 'Cancerian' moodiness.

The hike scheduled for tomorrow was canceled. I was looking forward to it. I even suggested getting a 5 am start (that is how much I want to hike) to beat the heat but the answer was still no. Hiking 18 miles in 90 degree temperatures had no appeal to the others.

I set up a date with Colleen for this weekend. That part of the day went well.

It is trying to rain now. The soft sounds of thunder in the distance has been present for a while; and now lightning in the distance appears off and on. More like heat lightning than sharp bolts. Hopefully this type of lightning will keep down the fire starts. We don't need any more forest fire starts. The rain probably won't amount to much more than 'settling dust'. But then, I didn't think the cloud buildup at sunset would get as far as to actually rain. Thunderstorms around here usually lose energy after sunset and dissipate.

Ah, my favorite radio station is now back on the air. The earlier lightning over towards Creston knocked the station off the air for a while.

No comments: