Wednesday, December 27, 2006

North Dakota sunset

You may remember my writing about a great sunset I had seen while bicycling last week. Since then I have taken my brother's camera along with me during my rides so I could capture another sunset like that one on film. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do so as that sunset was extra special and heavy with pastel colors.

I was able to photograph a typical winter North Dakota sunset. While I am disappointed I haven't been able to film one of the special pastel sunsets, this isn't too bad of a sunset.

A front is moving in with the promise of snow tonight. I won't have a chance to capture one of the special sunsets for the time being so I decided to post the photos I do have.

The first photo, which isn't that great, was included as this is the North Dakota version of pine trees and hills. This is about as close as I will get until I return to "my" mountains in Montana.

Lots of photos follow that capture the stages of a sunset. In other words, I was too lazy to cull the batch down to one or two photos. I merged a few photos so that explains the color change in the sky.

As the sun initially set I could see the heat rise from the fields causing the sunset to shimmer. By the time I finished taking the sequences of photos I was cold as the day's heat was rapidly leaving.

You'll notice the North Dakota state tree in a few of the photos. Okay.. I beat you to the joke about telephone poles.


















No comments: