Saturday, September 07, 2024

Reflector by mailbox

I find lots of stuff on the side of the road or in the ditch when I am out riding my bicycle.  I found this reflector in the ditch a few days ago.  I thought of a use for it so I carried it home on my bicycle.  The use... put it against my mailbox.   The road starts a curve at my mailbox (the photo below doesn't really capture the curve).   People go off the road on occasion.  My neighbor had to repair his fence a number of times.  He convinced the county to put 3 clearest reflectors on thin white plastic 'posts' the county pounded into the ground just beyond my mailbox.  The next year he convinced the county to add a fourth reflector on the other side of my mailbox.  The three reflectors are in the background of the photo.   Since then no people have driven off the road.   Adding this reflector instead of letting it lay in the ditch should be a plus.

No comments: