Sunday, November 19, 2023

Fence rebuild. NE pasture connection

Saturday I finished the fence rebuild where the yard, fruit tree area and NE pasture meet.  I rebuilt this short piece because the rails on the rebuilt section went past the connection.   If I put the old fence boards back they would not align well and would look crooked and ugly.   I used some 8 ft rails I have.  I also did a little cutting on this end to make the rails more aligned.  I think it worked.



The 8 ft rails were a little longer than the old boards so I had to move the fence post over a foot.  I preferred to cut the fence boards a foot shorter than cut the rails.


I am now done with the fence rebuild in this area.  I'll work on the rebuild where the red corral panels are another time.  Next year hopefully, as I prefer not to wait another six years before working on the corral panel fence section.  The board fence that goes to the left... I'll leave that alone for now.   Much of that board fence is good; so a rebuild of this fence is a low priority for now.  I have other fence areas that are a higher priority.

No comments: